Thursday, September 10, 2009

summer recap...part dos

Hello from the land of enemas and catheters! Yeah, there's other stuff too, but that's just the extra fun stuff so I thought I'd mention it right off the bat.
OK, here's my second half of summer stuff. School details forthcoming...

6. Frushi. This stuff was totally yummy. Had it at Orange in Chicago along with these bad boys...the chocolate pancake flight, or my #7.
8. My little buddy at the Lincoln Park Zoo.
9 & 10. The. Most. Amazing. Cupcakes. Ever. Molly's in Chi-town. The chocolate one was filled with peanut butter and more chocolate. The other was filled with cookie dough. Enough said.

So, golly gee, it appears the summer was full of eating! I guess it's just some strange appreciation I have for pretty food that makes me always get my camera out. I mean, geez, we went to Chicago for Lollapalooza...and I think I have 2 pictures from those 3 days.

Lolla was a great time, however, we realized that we're too old for any sort of music "festival." A 2-3 hour concert is just about enough for us old geezers these days. Needless to say, we didn't even make it to Sunday's shows, which I'm disappointed about now, but at the time there was just no way. Between the 2 of us, we still got to see a ton of amazing bands, including Tool, Andrew Bird,Bon Iver, The Decemberists, Kings of Leon, Of Montreal, Fleet Foxes, Animal Collective, Robert Earl Keen, Langhorne Slim and Blind Pilot. There were so many others I wish we could have made it to, but we're just not built for 12 hour days in the rain or sun anymore :)

OK, tales from nursing school to come soon, I promise. Since our garage ceiling fell in last night, I'm sure the weekend is going to be a blast. Ha.

Peace.

No comments: