Thursday, March 6, 2008

makin' waves

Last night, boyfriend and I were lying in bed reminiscing about things from our childhood. He told me about stealing a spray-painted gold rock from the a Kirksville JC Penney display and showing his parents his treasure when they got in the car. Of course, he promptly had to return it and apologize.

But then I remembered something that was SO COOL...a part of my bedroom from the early 90's till the end of high school...MY WATERBED. Wow, I can't believe how much I wanted one. It was black with black/white/red jazzy sheets and throw pillows. Pretty bad ass, really.

Boyfriend had one too - only his headboard had cubbies for storing treasures (like gold spray-painted rocks, perhaps) and drawers underneath.

So I did a little research and by cracky, they still manufacture the darn things. Can you imagine how cool you would have been if you would have had this one?

sweet 80s waterbed

3 comments:

The Aguilars said...

oh so stylish but waterbeds make me sick. I don't know how people sleep on those!

Christen said...

This one looks like it belongs in a lounge/bar!

GB, RN said...

That is SO RAD!!!

Only I have two cats and cats and waterbeds don't mix.