Tuesday, May 6, 2008

and a Swell Season it was

Those of you who know me, know that I love all kinds of music - from Pantera to Prince, I'm a fan. But every once in awhile something comes along that makes my heart smile.

Saw a fantastic show last night at the Uptown Theater. I bought tickets to The Swell Season the day after I saw the movie I blogged about a while back.

It was one of those events I'd forgotten I'd even bought tickets for until I looked at my outlook calendar. What followed was definitely unforgettable. Last night I was brought back to the heart of true music.

Glen & Marketa played for 2 solid hours to a sold-out crowd. It was full of raw emotion, the kind that reaches in and tickles your skin from the inside out, sending chill after chill down your spine.

They told stories behind songs, laughed, joked, and gained a respect unlike any I've seen from their audience.

Tim Finn from the Star gave a review that I thought captured the show well. For those of you who liked Once or have enjoyed the soundtrack at all, I implore you to dive further into Glen's music.

No comments: