Monday, June 16, 2008

weekend happenings



Spent the weekend with Boyfriend's family in Kirksville. It was fairly uneventful...Boyfriend and Boyfriend's Dad hit up an auction on Saturday morning in hopes of procuring a golf cart. No such luck.

That evening we drove another hour into the depths of nowhere to a little restaurant in Memphis, MO, called Keith's Cafe. I'm including this picture even though it doesn't do the place justice. You'll see the coffee mugs lining the ceiling...yeah, they're everywhere. Walls, windows, rafters. Everywhere. I've never seen anything like it. Amazingly enough the food was good, and of course, very inxpensive.

Boyfriend and I are heading out this Friday for an experience very unlike Keith's...we'll be spending the weekend in New York. Whoohoo! I have been planning this trip for a few months to surprise him for his birthday and now it's finally here! He's never been before and I lived there for a summer back in 2001, so I'm looking forward to going back. We'll get to see some of my friends, Emily and Anne and a couple of his cousins that live in Brooklyn.

I'm sure I'll have some fun stories and pictures to share from the big city. Have a good week!

2 comments:

Christen said...

Have so much fun in NYC!

The Aguilars said...

I talked to Emily last Friday and she told me about your upcoming trip. That will be so much fun. Next trip should be to Seattle!!! :)